About ME

Welcome to the Potter's Wheel! We are so glad to have you stop by! Although one may be tempted to think you are on a blog about pottery, don't let the title fool you! This is a collection, a chronicle so to speak, of my world as a piece of lumpy clay on the crazy spinning wheel of The Potter. It is my view, as I see it, while spinning wildly in what sometimes feels like an out of control ride at the county fair. Although it appears that way to me and to the casual observer, the wheel is under the full control and guidance of the One. The One who can take a lumpy piece of clay and eventually turn it in to something beautiful in His eyes. My stories will cover so many topics that I have tried to break them down in an easy manner with the tabs below. Look down now!!!! You will find tabs that cover FAITH, FAMILY, CANCER, HOMESCHOOLING, KIDS ACTIVITIES, AND ADVENTURES ON THE ROAD. The posts are best read under the guise of each tab instead of in chronological order. It is part of my LUMPY ADHD, so you will have to deal with it! I hope that something I write will provide you with a "golden nugget" to put in your pocket for your own journey. Get out your motion sickness pills...It is going to be a crazy ride.
Love ya, Lumpy


Join me on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/lumpyclay

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Blessings??

"Mom, Mommmmmmmmmmmmmm.....Mommmmy, I need milk.  Mom, Mommmmmmy I need popcorn!!! Mom, Mommmy, Mom I have to go poop!  Mom, she is not sharing!  Mom, MOM, MOM, MOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMY she took my toy!  Mom, mom, I want to watch Dora.  Mom, I changed my mind, I want to watch Pinky, Dinky Doo!  Mom, Mom, Mommmmmmmmy!!! Mom, can we have ice cream?"  "  I am picking up a wet towel and bathing suit off the floor for the tenth time, vacuuming the rice from the rice table spilled on the rug for the 100th time, and making a peanut butter sandwich.   Then watching my ten year old up on the counter emptying the snack cabinet of good sugary treats, spilling them all over the counter and while the tea pot is boiling over on the stove.  "Mom, is this a dinosaur??? Mom, is this a dinosaur tail? Mom, why is there a dinosaur in here? Mom, can I have milk now?"  I remembered that I promised my husband a bowl of ice cream 20 minutes ago, I  take the ice cream out but the door of the freezer didn't close for some reason.  Suddenly there is a crash and the sound of 50 frozen chicken nuggets falling on to the floor.  I scramble to beat the dog to the pile of frozen "doggie goodies"!  I don't make it.  The dog is swallowing frozen nuggets as fast as he can wrap his little doggie mouth around them.    I believe I have reached my limit.  I am done, cooked, fried, baked like a potato.   I decide it is time for a mini retreat to my throne room of somewhat solitude.  I can at least lock the door.  They can still knock.  I can still hear the M word through the hollow wood door.  However, I am alone, even for a brief moment.  I am alone. 

I reach for my a book from my private stash in the throne room.  It is not often I get to look at anything other then home school text books or level 1 readers.  I pick up a pick with a rather long title "Hanging on by the Scratch Marks My Nails Left Behind(Raw Faith)," by Elizabeth Chalker.  Elizabeth is a woman who has been plagued by debilitating illness for many years, she is often alone in a dark apartment, confined to her bed.  The book I am reading is a book of devotions of sort or her memoirs.  I randomly open to page number 402, I see the bold text FAMILY .  I chuckle.  Ha, ha....family.  Then I read these words, "What it must be like to have a husband and children-to love and be loved, a cohesive unit, connected by Him with a three braided cord where such oneness makes the ache of missing someone and wanting to be with someone so profound that the only remedy for such pain and emptiness is to be with the one who creates such to begin with.   I get such a "crisp, winter day with a clear blue sky, sun shining brightly, and fresh clean air feeling, as I imagine a family of my own.  I wonder what it is truly like to have children - these tremendously wonderful gifts-to love in that way-soaking in all of who they are and being part of who they become.   What a glorious blessing and miracle-of which I wonder if I will ever have the opportunity to receive."

I sigh.  I look up.  "You did that on purpose, didn't you?" I ask.  I already know the answer.  Of course He did.  

Psalm 127:3-5 Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.

I close the book.  I thank Him for my reminder, for my children and my husband. I say a prayer for Elizabeth and those women in similar situations, that may not ever experience the joy of their own children. 

 Blessings??? YES! 100% percent the best blessings the Lord has ever bestowed upon this lumpy piece of clay!!!  When I open the door, I step over the balled up towel on the floor.  I find my two girls engrossed in a bey blade battle in the playroom.  I crunch over the rice that has found its way to the floor again, and sit next to them.  "Can I play with you guys?" I ask.  "YES, MOMMY!!!" 

If you are familiar with bey blades....."3, 2, 1 LET IT RIP!!!"

Lumpy Out!


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. ABSOLUTELY! I put the question marks in the title so as not to hint where the article was going!LOL! They are two of the sweetest blessings the Lord has bestowed upon me!

      Delete