About ME

Welcome to the Potter's Wheel! We are so glad to have you stop by! Although one may be tempted to think you are on a blog about pottery, don't let the title fool you! This is a collection, a chronicle so to speak, of my world as a piece of lumpy clay on the crazy spinning wheel of The Potter. It is my view, as I see it, while spinning wildly in what sometimes feels like an out of control ride at the county fair. Although it appears that way to me and to the casual observer, the wheel is under the full control and guidance of the One. The One who can take a lumpy piece of clay and eventually turn it in to something beautiful in His eyes. My stories will cover so many topics that I have tried to break them down in an easy manner with the tabs below. Look down now!!!! You will find tabs that cover FAITH, FAMILY, CANCER, HOMESCHOOLING, KIDS ACTIVITIES, AND ADVENTURES ON THE ROAD. The posts are best read under the guise of each tab instead of in chronological order. It is part of my LUMPY ADHD, so you will have to deal with it! I hope that something I write will provide you with a "golden nugget" to put in your pocket for your own journey. Get out your motion sickness pills...It is going to be a crazy ride.
Love ya, Lumpy


Join me on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/lumpyclay

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

So it's Tuesday

Addendum to this post: I first published this last Tuesday night.  The next morning, I read it again and decided to delete it because of lack of  "substance" and "inspiration".  I read it to my husband the other night.  He said that he actually enjoyed it and I should not delete it.  Today, a fellow blogger posted "Random Weekend Thoughts".   I was inspired by that post.  I am writing for me and my Lord.  If my readers enjoy my posts, that is AWESOME.  Obviously that is what I want from this blog.  However, if no one jumps up and down with inspiration after reading this post, then that is okay as well.   This particular post is about my dependence of the Holy Spirit in my writing.  My "inspirational" posts are totally dependent on the Lord.  However, I have decided it is OKAY to post just my random thoughts or ideas.   So this is one of those posts.  Read on if you want.  If not, that is okay too! -Lumpy-


When I first started this blog (many, many moons ago) about 3 weeks ago, I made a commitment to myself and to the Lord that I would write at least one post a week.  I decided that Tuesdays would be a good day.  Why Tuesday?  Your guess is as good as mine!  It sounded like a reasonable goal at the time.   So here I am, on a Tuesday night, with the rest of my family snoring away, the blank computer screen staring at me......  my fingers poised so eloquently over home row. 

It is waiting.  The keyboard is waiting.  Waiting for some flash of brilliance to pour from my fingertips on to the page.  It is not happening. Sigh.   Every post until now has truly been Holy Spirit inspired.  I could feel the Holy Spirit pouring out each and every word from my finger tips.  Ummmm....calling the Holy Spirit.......are you here?   A little help here........... ummmmmm.....
Hello???

I hope you know I am joking (well...sort of)!  I know that the Holy Spirit didn't go off on some vacation to Maui or anything.  I know that He/It resides in me 24/7!  However, maybe He/It is on a coffee break?

So as I was typing the above words, this scripture came to me..... I am sure I am applying it totally inappropriately, but it made me smile.

John 3: 6-8 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.' The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."

Apparently at the moment I,  "cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going"........

So I, LUMPY,  being of NOT so sound mind, and  feeling a little mischievous at the moment, will officially post this entry on TUESDAY.  I am keeping my word.  I am keeping my commitment.   However, I can not in good faith post anything truly meaningful or awe inspiring, while I am of the mind that I think the Holy Spirit is on a coffee break. 

Until the coffee break is over OR next Tuesday....Lumpy Out

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this. Literally, 100% love this and your husband was right, keep it on. I decided random posts about the thoughts going on in my head was meaningful to me.... It's God's way of helping me tend my garden a bit.

    Blessings gentle friend.

    ReplyDelete